Saddle Up for a Rousing Look at the Wild West! A fascinating 12-part documentary series!
AN INCREDIBLE HISTORICAL OVERVIEW!
Be transported into the wild and wooly past of the American Wild West! In this fascinating 12 documentary collection, you'll find history, lore and biographies of the lives and times of those who populated the Wild West.
FEATURING : WILD BILL HICKOK WYATT EARP BILLY THE KID JESSE JAMES COLE YOUNGER and Many More!
The American West featured all sorts of legendary historical figures from pioneers and scouts to lawmen, outlaws, gangs and gunslingers, to the American cowboy, and pioneering women on the frontier.
Wild Bill Hickok - Parts 1 & 2
- James Butler Hickok (a.k.a. Wild Bill) was the most notorious man in the Wild West. A gunfighter, gambler, civil war spy, Indian fighter, peace officer, Hickok was said to have killed more than 100 men but the real total was closer to 10. Widely recognized as the man who won the first classic gunfight on the streets of Springfield, Missouri in 1865, he was shot dead in Deadwood, South Dakota ten years later. This DVD explores the man, the myths, and his legends like nothing else you have ever seen.
Wyatt Earp - Parts 1 & 2
- Wyatt Earp carved his initials deep into Old West lore as a peace officer in Dodge City, Kansas and Tombstone, Arizona. With a pistol in hand, a badge on his chest, and his brothers by his side, Earp delivered a personal brand of frontier justice. But at a legendary place called the OK Corral, his dead aim left his reputation forever tarnished.
Old West Cowboys - Parts 1 & 2
- This feature enlists professional actors to recreate the characters of the rough and tumble cowboys of the Old West. Genuine still photography, paintings and recreations create an authentic and unique glimpse of the historic time period.
Gunfighters of the Old West - Parts 1 & 2
- This documentary traces the history of many of the Old West's most notorious gunfighters and describes some of the most famous shootouts, including the James/Younger gang's bungled Northfield Minnesota bank robbery, the Daltons' attempt to rob two banks simultaneously and the carnage that resulted and the Earps and Clanton gang's shootout in Tombstone, Arizona.
Great Indian Wars - Parts 1 & 2
- In the early 1800's, white families of America packed up their wagons and headed westward looking for more land or gold. As these early pioneers began to step on and take Indian hunting grounds, every Chief had to decide what to do. Should he tell his people to stay friendly with the whites or should they fight them and make war? Some of the tribes gave in, but most of the Indians fought for what they believed was theirs. These would come to be known as THE GREAT INDIAN WARS. See and hear these true stories and tales from the Old West.
Geronimo - Parts 1 & 2
- This captivating documentary presents the story of the Apache warriors and their chief, Geronimo, told in his own words taken unedited and unchanged from the interviews conducted by S.N. Barrett and Asa Deklugie. It also contains many rare historical photos detailing the life and times of the last of the great Indian warriors, the people who followed him and the enemies they fought.
Language - English
Genre - Documentary, Special Intrest
Starring - Billy The Kid; Wild Bill Hickok; Wyatt Earp
Co-Starring - Jesse James; Cole Younger; Geronimo
Format - DVD
Run Time - 9 hr
Rating - TV-PG
Number of Discs- 2