- Stream over 50 songs between Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades and Guitar Hero: On Tour using local wireless play.
- Rock out to 25 all new songs and 3 bonus tracks, with some of the greatest hits from each decade. 21 of these are exclusive to Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades and 7 are taken from Guitar Hero World Tour.
- Use the Guitar Hero DS guitar grip peripheral, pick-stylus (both included), and DS stylus or your finger to strum the touch-activated screen to rock out on the go.
- Choose from a variety of game modes including: single player, Practice Mode and multiplayer modes including Face-Off, Pro Face-Off, Co-op and Guitar Duel together with a friend by utilizing local wireless multi-card play.
- Play as a wide variety of characters and customize outfits from throughout the decades of rock, defining the best and most outrageous clothing trends in rock history.
- Integrated microphone functionality allows players to blow into the microphone to extinguish a pyrotechnics effects gone wrong, or use the touch screen to autograph
- a fan’s shirt in the middle of their set.
Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades expands the experience of Guitar Hero: On Tour by taking players through a rock-and-roll journey from today’s hits back through each decade to the 1970s. Featuring gameplay input using the innovative Guitar Hero grip* included with the bundle, a range of single player and multiplayer modes, a set list of 28 master tracks and cross compatibility with the original game in the series via DS wireless functionality, it is a whole new take on the addictive and wildly popular Guitar Hero gameplay that you can take with you wherever you go.
Rock On the Go
With Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades fret board fanatics on the go can unleash their inner rock stars anytime, anywhere in single player and multiplayer modes as they hone their shredding skills and jam to a diverse set list of monster tracks from a wide variety of decades and eras in rock history using the DS pick stylus and the Guitar Hero grip peripheral.
The Guitar Hero Grip
Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades utilizes the innovative Guitar Hero guitar grip peripheral with wrist strap, for DS and DS Lite, and a special stylus pick. Compatible with all games in the Guitar Hero: On Tour series, the grip peripheral contains four color coated buttons for familiar Guitar Hero note highway input, with the stylus pick used for strumming on the DS' lower screen. Designed to get you rocking in a matter of seconds, players simply slide the peripheral into the your DS' Game Boy Advance slot and you are ready to shred.
Along with a deep single player Career Mode, and Practice Mode, Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades also includes several multiplayer options. These utilize the game's wireless DS multi-card play functionality, and include: Face-Off Mode in which players duel each other via alternating riffs, Pro Face-Off Mode in which players finger the same notes, a Co-op Mode in which one person plays lead guitar and the other player joins in playing either rhythm or bass guitar and Guitar Duel.
In Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades players take on 28 master tracks from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and the modern era. All of these can be played in multiplayer modes as well as single player. As an added benefit, in multiplayer modes, which utilize wireless DS multi-card functionality, players can receive streams of songs from players using the original Guitar Hero: On Tour game, extending players' possible set list much further. The full list of songs within Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades includes:
|"Smooth Criminal" - Alien Ant Farm|
|"Dirty Little Secret" - The All-American Rejects|
|"No Rain" - Blind Melon|
|"One Way Or Another" - Blondie|
|"You Give Love A Bad Name" - Bon Jovi|
|"Rock and Roll Band" - Boston|
|"I Believe In A Thing Called Love" - The Darkness|
|"Free Ride" - Edgar Winter Group|
|"The Take Over, The Breaks Over" - Fall Out Boy|
|"The Pretender" - Foo Fighters|
|"All Right Now" - Free|
|"The Middle" - Jimmy Eat World|
|"Satch Boogie" - Joe Satriani|
|"Any Way You Want It" - Journey|
|"Are You Gonna Go My Way" - Lenny Kravitz|
|"One Step Closer" - Linkin Park|
|"La Bamba" - Los Lobos|
|"Sweet Home Alabama (live)" - Lynyrd Skynyrd|
|"Crushcrushcrush" - Paramore|
|"We Are The Champions" - Queen|
|"The One I Love" - R.E.M.|
|"Can't Stop" - Red Hot Chili Peppers|
|"I Can't Drive 55" - Sammy Hagar|
|"Remedy" - Seether|
|"Tarantula" - Smashing Pumpkins|
|"Down" - Stone Temple Pilots|
|"Volcano Girls" - Veruca Salt|
|"Buddy Holly" - Weezer|