THE DEFINITIVE STORY OF WORLD WAR II!
The Dawn of War The Early Battles of WWII takes viewers to the front lines of the European, the Pacific and the African theatres of the deadliest conflict in human history. Entire hours are devoted to the rise of the Axis powers, the horrific battle over Stalingrad, the diplomatic pleas and military ambushes that would unite the Allies and much more.
This compelling 11-part series chronicles the first half of this global ilitary conflict in a masterfully scripted presentation filled with rare and authentic archive footage produced by internationally acclaimed documentarian, Pacific Media.
Featuring rare and never-before-seen footage from the most important early battles of WWII including:
Battle of Britain
and much, much more!
- Program 1: Hitler: The Wolf - A survey of Hitler's early years, Nazism and his appointment as Chancellor and the men in his Government.
- Program 2: The Onset: The German-Soviet Expansion - The Munich Agreement, German invasion of Poland and the Russian invasion of Poland and Finland (the Winter War).
- Program 3: The F�hrer's Revenge - German invasion of Denmark and Norway and the drive on Western Europe.
- Program 4: The Battle of Britain - Operation Sea Lion and the struggle for Great Britain's skies.
- Program 5: The Battle of the Atlantic - German submarine and surface sea warfare against the Allied Fleet.
- Program 6: The Desert Fox - North-African battles between the Axis and the Allied armies, Rommel and his Afrika Korps, the air assault on Crete and the invasion of Malta.
- Program 7: The Invasion of the Soviet Union - German troops invade the Soviet Union and move rapidly forward on all fronts. Their main objectives are Moscow,
Leningrad and Stalingrad.
- Program 8: Mr. President, What About the Japanese? - Assault on Pearl Harbor, Singapore, the Philippines, Doolittle and the B-25s.
- Program 9: Midway: Change of Course - After the naval battle in Midway, USA regains the leading drive of the war in the Pacific.
- Program 10: Stalingrad - The struggle for the city of Stalingrad went into history as the most sanguinary battle of all times and it meant the beginning of the end for the Third Reich's armies.
- Program 11: The Desert Rats - The men of 3rd RHA being inspected by Montgomery, counter-offensive in North Africa and Operation Torch.
9 Hours 34 Minutes/DVD player