America's Serial Killers: Portraits in Evil will strip the covers from a world of profiling, forensic science and painful investigation as history's most brutal serial killers are exposed.
Wars have terrorized entire populations for thousands of years. The American West was home to ruthless killers who were idolized in fiction and folklore. Evil evolved to a hideous new form with the genocidal dictators of the 20th Century such as Hitler, Stalin and Mao Tse Tung who ordered the execution of tens of millions. But in the middle of the 20th Century a new and chilling phenomenon emerged in the post-war Western society: The Serial Killer! As if fashioned from our nightmares, they terrified and fascinated us. Lurking behind masks of bland normality, the serial killer often evaded capture for years, decades or eternity. These are America's Serial Killers!
- The Monster Within and Among Us - The Case of Jack the Ripper
- Killers Without Conscience - H.H.Holmes and Jane Toppan
- The Bogeyman's Gonna Eat You - Albert Fish, the Vampire of Brooklyn
- Serial Killing Begins Again - The Boston Strangler, Ed Gein and the Lipstick Killer
- Men Who Like To Kill - The Zodiac, the Son of Sam, Charles Manson and Ted Bundy
- Homosexual Serial Killers - John Wayne Gacy and the Highway Killers
- Buddy Serial Killing - The Hillside Stranglers and the Beltway Snipers
- The Many Faces of Serial Killers - The Gainesville Ripper, the Unabomber and others
- To Catch a Serial Killer - The Green River Killer and BTK
- Why Serial Killers Kill - The Night Stalker and Jeffrey Dahmer