Meatless Meals for Healthy Living
The diet of choice for many world cultures for millennia, vegetarian cuisine is widely recognized as innovative, exciting, and appetizing as well as healthy. With Cook'n Vegetarian, you have the benefit of healthy foods in half the time. Plus you get all the benefits of the Cook'n recipe engine like menu planning, grocery lists, calorie counting, and recipe organization. With the increasing interest in healthier eating as well as ethical concerns about animal products, more and more people are discovering that there is life after meat.
In grocery stores and greenmarkets everywhere, the selection of fruits and vegetables has never been so impressive. The Cook'n Vegetarian CD assembles hundreds of the world's best vegetarian dishes to celebrate the diversity of choice in a vegetarian diet. Featuring recipes for tasty and healthful meatless dishes made with fresh ingredients the whole family will love, the Cook'n Vegetarian CD also includes a selection of "almost-instant" recipes with preparation times of 30 minutes or less. Includes 377 recipes.
Many of the Cook'n Vegetarian CD's recipes use less fats, sugars, and salts and bring out the natural nutritional properties in everyday foods. Treat yourself or your family to healthy eating.
- Search thousands of recipes in seconds--just tell it what you have on hand
- Adjust recipe serving sizes automatically
- Organize your own recipes
- E-mail recipes to your friends
- Print your recipes on decorative 3x5 cards
- Create weekly menus
- Make grocery shopping lists
- Search the internet for coupons
- Analyze the nutritional value of your recipes
- Download recipes & shopping lists to your Palm Pilot!
Simply tell Cook'n what ingredients you have on hand and in seconds, Cook'n will suggest several delicious recipes. Or, use Cook'n's exclusive "Recipe Browser" feature and page through pictures of finished dishes to look for ideas.
- Search thousands of recipes in seconds
- View hundreds of full color photos (Most CD's have lots of photos but because of size constraints, the download version does not.)
- Download recipes from internet
Organizing your family recipe collection in the computer is easy with Cook'n. You already know how to put in your recipes, that's because Cook'n's recipe window looks just like a recipe card. And, "Quick-Fill" editing does much of the typing for you. Cook'n has simple cookbook-like chapters and categories that make it easy to find your recipes fast. Cook'n's Recipe Manager makes entertaining a snap. Simply select the number of guests you will be serving and enter it into your favorite recipe. Cook'n calculates the new ingredient amounts for you. No more of that measuring madness! Sharing recipes is easy. Print recipes on pre-formatted 3x5 or 4x6 cards, or just have Cook'n e-mail recipes to a friend. Cook'n can also share recipes with the Palm Pilot.
- Add your own recipes
- Adjust recipe serving sizes
- Print recipes on 3x5 and 4x6 cards or on an 8.5x11 sheet
- E-mail recipes to friends
Combine recipes and food items to make complete meals. Then, drag and drop meals to make your own weekly or monthly menus. Menu planning instructions teach you how to cut prep time in half by using dove-tailing techniques when preparing your menus. Menu Planning has never been easier!
- Build your own weekly and monthly menus
- Drag and drop meals to make your menus
Grocery Shopping Assistant
Cook'n automatically combines the food on your menus and makes a grocery shopping list. It even converts tablespoons of tomato paste to 8 oz. cans! Cook'n organizes your shopping list by aisle to save you time at the store. Cook'n also calculates the approximate cost of your shopping list. You can even download your shopping list to a PalmPilot organizer for easy access in the store.
- Compiles your family's shopping list automatically
- Organizes shopping list items by aisle
- Converts to package sizes (ie; tablespoon tomato paste to 8 oz. cans)
- Calculates your grocery cost
Personal Home Nutritionist
Cook'n will analyze the nutritional value of any recipe or menu (even the ones you add!). You don't have to be a nutritionist to understand it either -- that's because Cook'n nutrition facts window looks just like the label on a can. Cook'n has nutrition facts from the labels of 10,000 food products. You can choose between different brands to see what the nutritional effect is. Stop the guesswork among different brands and know which one is most appropriate for your needs. Now you can plan menus based on dietary needs and tastes. Prepare one delicious meal for the entire family.
- Analyze the nutritional elements of recipes and menus (even the ones you add!)
- Choose between brands to satisfy dietary needs
Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT/XP / Windows 7 (32-bit)